Flowers and fruits: Inktober Week 1

I've been paying attention to signs of fall over the last couple of weeks, posting on Places of the Spirit rather than here for some reason.

For the last week, I've been participating in Inktober 2020, which encompasses doing a drawing each day in October, either done to a prompt or something of your choice.  

I've chosen the latter, focusing on plants, flowers, and fruits, which are subjects that I've always enjoyed -- perfect, I thought, to choose flowers and fruits from the garden as I participate.  In last year's Inktober, I did a number of objects in my studio, which was enjoyable, too, but doing plants, well, that's been fun and reassuring, too, as I don't have to embrace unfamiliar subjects, while enjoying looking closely at the flowers or berries that have been my subjects so far.

I had decluttered my studio table a bit, too, providing a much more expansive space to do the drawings, too.  It makes a wonderful spot to do a drawing.



Here's a link to the first 7 drawings.  Click through to read individual posts if you're so inclined.


I had de-cluttered my studio table a bit, too, providing a much more expansive space to do the drawings, too.  It's a wonderful spot to sit for a bit. Here are thumbnails from four of the posts in Places of the Spirit.



Comments