Talks, gardening, and looking forward to spring

Returning yesterday from a great two-day symposium (CVLNA winter symposium) at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond, VA, I've felt inspired by the talks, heartened by the fellowship, and am looking forward to both my own gardening and again, sharing encouragement with others.

pocket meadow in August
So much of my life as a gardener has also been about being a teacher, and I'm mindful that it's that aspect of my former work life that I've brought forward now, as I continue to teach classes and give talks, and do non-profit consultations, etc.

It's in community that we learn, teach, and are inspired, in whatever venue that might be.

I'm increasingly keen on making a difference in my neighborhood and community (by getting real plants in the ground), as well as providing a voice for planting plants for pollinators (supported by my talk in Richmond).

We start with our own gardens, but can also spread our voices and encouragement through the community of master gardeners, landscapers, home gardeners, garden club members, friends, family, or really, whomever whose lives and activities that we touch.

pocket meadow in August 2015

Comments