Hummingbirds

Watching an afternoon football game with my gardening companion (Clemson beat Auburn, hooray...), I couldn't help but notice a female hummingbird at the porch feeder. 

She sipped a lot, but then spent a lot of time 'hawking' -- just sitting on the pot holder rim above the feeder catching insects, and maybe just defending her 'food resource.'  Later in the afternoon, there was a second hummer dashing around, too.


First I brought out the binoculars to the living room room so I could peer at her, and then brought my camera. 

I find it hard to get a good focus on a small object (eg a hummingbird) with my lens, but was glad to have had a chance to observe her over the course of several hours.

Comments

  1. Delightful! We have totally different hummers on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.