Trellises (inexpensive)

If I were the least bit handy, I could have built these trellises. But I'm not, and I don't have any woodworking equipment or fancy screwdrivers.

So these inexpensive, pre-made trellises, from a big-box store, seemed perfectly decent to try. They're made by a company that has redwood in its name, but these are probably stained redwood color!

I'll be improving the soil beneath the three new trellises tomorrow, and planting more pole beans, cucumbers, and maybe a twining squash.

Eventually, we'd like to have permanent trellises on the side of the apartment building, but that will require a bit more investment and work!

Comments

  1. Yay! Thanks for the pictures. They look like just the thing for your climbing/twining veggies. I put in a metal arbor for my cukes this year - I hope they like it. So far, they haven't even reached the first cross-brace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.