A chilly, wet day

First rain, then a very cold wind pushed in today, bringing gusts that howled around the office windows. Hmm, it was warmish when I left for work this morning, but blustery by lunchtime.

It was nice to have had some warm days to punctuate the wintry weather (with apologies to those who really have winter weather).

I spent some early morning time organizing seeds for growing vegetable transplants; all of my orders have come in (from Baker's Creek, Johnny's, Tomato Grower's Supply, Cook's Garden, Renee's Garden, Southern Exposure Seed Exchange), and I've sorted what I had on hand already from last year's purchases.

It's a lovely assortment of tomato, pepper, eggplant, tomatillo, and herb seeds: heirlooms, hybrids, and unusual varieties. They're all destined for this year's Garden Fest, an event that promotes local food and growing your own vegetables. It'll be fun to make these seedlings available. I also have an assortment of seeds for direct planting (squash, bean, cucumber, chard, etc) that we'll package up for distribution as well.

Last year's Planning a Garden table

Comments

  1. Sounds like a nice event, seed sharing.
    Certainly have had lots of wet weather! Lake levels are up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is your Garden Fest? I live near the upstate, and I'd love to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year's Garden Fest is on April 17 from 10 am to 1 pm! Hope you can make it.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.