Garlic planting time

I've managed to tuck garlic into 3 beds now, separating their cloves and poking them into deep, compost-amended soil.  I've had no trouble growing garlic, and we've enjoying eating it.  Perhaps I haven't grown giant heads, due to my parsimonious watering and fertilizing, but last year's harvest was a bumper crop.

I've used homegrown garlic to replant this year for the first time.  It's fun to continue that cycle, although some of the cloves aren't as large as I'd like.

a bed ready to be planted
The asparagus has flourished through the growing season, too, and is looking robust and vigorous.  After it goes dormant, I'm planning to consolidate two primary growing beds, to accommodate a couple of outliers that I stuck in place as an afterthought.

Comments

  1. I love garlic, maybe one of these days I will grow some myself. In Germany we had pickled garlic cloves ---boy were they good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    That bed looks great for garlic. I planted some yesterday my second year growing it. They did not come out real big but they sure were good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've heard me say this so often, I'm sure you and everyone else ignores it~But, someday, I will have a veggie garden! gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Andrea are inspiring me to get going on garlic this fall. The question is where and how much. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.