Coral honeysuckle (Lonicera sempervirens)

Lonicera sempervirens
Normally, Lonicera sempervirens (coral honeysuckle) flowers heavily in the spring, sporadically (one or two periodic flower clusters) through the summer, and then a bit more in the fall.

This plant is looking fabulous in late June -- practically in spring form! I imagine the cool temperatures in May and through much of June (it's warm and humid now) have been encouraging this.  Regardless, the flowers are lovely -- I just wish I could see them better from my studio/sun room windows (the windows on the right). The flowers are facing the opposite direction.

But, it just gives me more incentive to stroll around the house!

Comments

  1. It has been a great year for Lonicera. Mine is still going gangbusters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say cool weather! Sigh. Love lonicera but it has not been a good year for it! There's always this fall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.