Winter light

The rain has blown through, bringing colder air and freezing temperatures back, at last, to the mountains.

evening light to the far side of the ravine
The combination of clear, dry air, pushing out last bits of clouds gave a luminous quality to the evening light. 

towards the ravine
 My iPhone didn't do a great job capturing what I saw (especially in the other direction, at sunset), and I'm realizing that I really need a replacement for my ancient digital Nikon D100 SLR, too, if I really want to keep getting those out-of-the-ordinary images.

Comments

  1. I think your second photo is very unique with sunlight striking the trees against a shadowy background. We had a foggy damp day here.
    -Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ray, for that nice comment. These two photos did capture some of that remarkable light that I saw!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.