Gardening is about hope

Isn't gardening really about hope?  Hope for what we've planted, whether it's short-term or long.

I've sowed seeds of greens just before leaving for several weeks and created all the change-outs with kale and collards; my gardening companion has planted new native trees and perennials.  It IS about hope.

Our home exchange folks aren't going to be watering. The daughter of our very nice neighbor will be keeping an eye on whether it needs to be watered, but.., the footsteps of the resident gardeners will be absent for awhile.

All will be well, I think, as Irma will bring plenty of rain over the next week to our garden.  And, September is sometimes a cool month (and has certainly started out like that). Hmm, I wore my fleece jacket on our evening walk -- strange for Sept. 10.

We had a wonderful red sunset looping around the Grove Park Inn this evening. But I didn't have my phone (or camera).

So here's another wonderful one, from Beaver Lake, another favorite walk.

Beaver Lake sunset

Comments

  1. We are a bit cooler than we should be for this time of year too - I'm just hoping the frosts hold off.

    You are spot on about hope - this is especially the case after a bad year in the garden, such as this one has been for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.