Thunderstorms!

Woo-hoo!  We've been experiencing thunderstorms the last few afternoons and evenings, and are in the middle of one now.

Yay!

We've been in such a droughty situation, at least for the mountains of Western North Carolina, that many of our counties had moved into severe drought status.

I've been watering my vegetables and the pocket meadow plantings like crazy; my gardening companion, ditto, for his native plant areas.  LOTS of watering.

So having a couple of inches (+) of rain over a couple of days -- so welcome.

And I think we'll have at least another inch from today's downpours.

Comments

  1. We had tree frogs in the country, but now that we are town dwellers, we have not seen or heard any tree frogs. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.