Juggling gardens

The whirlwind of vegetable garden change-outs is fun. Coming back in mid-March, I planted cool-season greens, as I harvested over-wintered spinach.  I replaced a thyme that had died, planted parsley, and pulled up the last of the frosted kale.

I’m glad to know the folks staying in our house this summer and early fall will be using these beds, too.  We’ll be deciding on warm season change-outs together.  I’ve harvested so many vegetables from these beds since we constructed them long ago.

It was a lot of work, as the photos on this post confirmed.  But they’ve been wonderful, producing vegetables over three seasons, sometimes four, now for many years.  And they’re attractive, too, in our front garden, and easy to replenish with fresh compost and organic fertilizer.



Comments