Winter beech trees

Janet (of Queen of Seaford) remembered in a comment on a previous post that I'd posted about winter beeches last winter. I had forgotten (and was glad to look back at it), since a wonderful aspect of mid-winter here in the Piedmont is the remnant brown leaves persisting in the understory of our regenerating forests. They're so noticeable this time of year - in mid to late January, and in the clear winter light.

Isn't that the fun of having an online garden journal, after all? Not only to have a record, but friends to remind us of our observations?

Comments

  1. There are many beech along the Colonial Parkway and I love seeing them in the winter. Again, thanks for sharing what kind of tree they are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.