Creating a landscape you love

I had an excellent excursion to Greenville yesterday morning to hear Julie Moir Messervy speak - she designed the Toronto Music Garden and has a recent book out that's fabulous called Home Outside: Creating the Landscape You Love. She did an inspiring presentation.

The essential points were that we (as gardeners and homeowners) know what we want, but just need to go through the process of examining our landscapes and get started.

It's great advice.

Much of what I do (as my work as a garden educator) is encourage folks to get started.  Try things. Think about what you love, and what you remember.   

What makes you feel at home (in your garden)?  What makes you happy to be outside?

Messervy's points are brilliant, and I certainly recommend reading Home Outside!

Comments

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.