Tomatoes

I harvested the first tomato of the summer today.

Admittedly, it was small (a Sweet Million) from the earliest planted tomatoes in the large raised bed here in the mountains. But all of the tomatoes are growing vigorously, and I'm training them into their cages, supports, or spirals!

More exciting, to me, is that I've got beets developing plump roots (!) That vegetable compost with composted cow manure must be good stuff. I've not had any luck with beets before, so I'm thrilled. Not to mention how robust the chard is looking (and it's quite delicious, too).

Comments

  1. Me too! We shared about 6 small cherry tomatoes- probably sweet million too. Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it exciting to have the first tomatoes of the season?
    LW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.