A early morning walk

The University's Fall break (timed with the November election) gave us a bit more time to enjoy some balmy November weather.

Along the dikes, separating Lake Hartwell from campus, we didn't see anyone else until late in our walk. But we admired a cormorant diving, several great blue herons, a green heron, and gulls recently arrived from the coast.

The camera caught a striking reflection of fall color surrounding the sand spit, which we hadn't noticed, being focused on the herons, but was a nice surprise.

I've been wishing I had a chipmunk photo -- this one gave me a perfect opportunity, foraging for seeds along the dike's rip-rip banks.


Comments

  1. Your photos really are amazing Lisa.

    Oh, and thanks for the result last night. The world woke up with a smile on its face today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photo of the calm, still lake. Early morning is my favourite time to be near the water, especially in autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.