Thinking about gardening

I was touched to be included in this roundup:   58 of the very best Landscaping and Gardening Blogs, Influencers, and Instagrams

A bumblebee hawkmoth on Vernonia in a past summer

I don't normally pay attention to these sorts of things, but clicking through, the writer has done a really nice job of collecting various sites. I'm surprised that she found my Natural Gardening blog out there, as I'm hardly a media-seeking-followers kind of blogger.

I'm doing a program tomorrow about "Creating a Naturalistic Landscape" for the NC Arboretum (via Zoom, of course). There are 22 folks signed up -- remarkable, it seems to me for paid education programming, but thinking about it, I'm paying similar amounts for writing classes and other programming, so why not, I suppose, for those of us fortunate enough to be able to do these things. We're privileged, indeed.

It's been interesting to contemplate, as I've totally "rebuilt" this presentation, with largely new images and message "slides." The NC Arboretum has an excellent Blue Ridge Eco-Gardener program of whom many have heard me talk about other topics -- I wanted something new to share with them.

It's been diverting to rebuild a familiar message into a new version.

And as I've be doing free programs for a local nursery and as a profile about me and promoting pocket meadow appeared in a newsletter for Conserving Carolina, a local land trust, I've been doing a lot more benefit landscape consultations.

I'll be doing another free (by registration program) for a local non-profit at the end of the month, for Asheville GreenWorks Bee City's Pollination Celebration. Just click on the link to register and see the other offerings, including my gardening companion's program about Interactions between Plants and Pollinators: Highlights from the Southern Appalachian Mountains.

He's developed his program from "scratch," too -- it looks wonderful, based on what I've seen on his iMac!


How nice is that?


Comments