Thinking about gardening and creativity

My first volunteer program in March is a 10 am-4 pm workshop about Tapping into the Creative Side of Gardening at the North Carolina Arboretum.

Inspired many years ago by Fran Sorin’s book, Digging Deep: Unearthing your Creative Roots through Gardening, I’ve enjoyed encouraging folks using her approach.  It’s a brilliant one and really brought me back to realizing my own creativity, with gardening and beyond.

A search on creativity in previous posts brought up a number of them, well worth revisiting as I prepare my workshop to come.  It’s a workshop/class that I’ve done before, but here in a snowy winter, it’s been fun to think about gardening to come and what creativity in the garden looks like.

I highly recommend her book; gardening is a creative activity, after all.  She has wonderful suggestions for ways to inspire others (as well as yourself).


Comments