Gregory Bald azaleas

We have three hybrid native azaleas from Gregory Bald, in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, planted below our deck.  Two are a lovely coral pink color --luminous in the morning and evening.  The diversity of hybrid flame azaleas on Gregory Bald is legendary. 

A third is a deep orange color, much smaller.  I've posted about it in the past, or a relative; we're now thinking that it's a replacement!

Our plants came from a small nursery owner who had grown them from seed.  The flower color variation in seedlings is impressive (as are the variations in the natural hybrid population).


Comments

  1. They're quite lovely. I sure wish my garden was hospitable to them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.