Gardening for nature

I've been gardening for nature and encouraging others to do so for over three decades, now that I'm thinking about it.  Hmm.  It's good work and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to do so.

Doing another program tomorrow morning has me musing --

I thoroughly updated my presentation to suit Western North Carolina and the Southern Appalachians, where I now live, but not without a bit of wistfulness for our old garden in the Piedmont, too, as I deleted images that I'd talked about for a long time. 

I'm not sure that the stewardship and care of planting has been particularly appreciated by the new "owners" of the site, just from a remark or two that came our way.
Glad to come home (late August, 2015)
But, whatever, gardens and landscapes change, and that's the story.

How do we, however ephemerally, change the places where we live for the better?  My gardening companion and I plant natives, plants that work for a living, and ones that have great meaning.  Those have been our screens, and my talking points over the years.

So I'm glad to look back at the stewardship that we've done, too, in our landscapes.

Comments