Honoring an old house

I signed the listing papers today for our house in the Piedmont of SC.


The house looks good.

It’s a great house, with good presence. Built in 1929, it’s not old, compared to living places in many parts of the world, but it’s an old house (even historic) house here.

Our university (why our small college town even exists) was founded in 1898, through a gift of an enlightened 19th century owner, who inherited the land from his wife, and left it to for the establishment of a "high seminary of learning." It’s a public university, and the land grant university for our state. So it’s an old house for our town.

I planted hanging baskets and window boxes today – full of herbs (not much else available right now, because of extreme February cold).

It’s waiting for new owners who will love it, just as we have. I'm feeling like I'm honoring the house and garden today.

Comments

  1. If this house could talk, I bet it would be saying "thanks" to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a grand house and will make another family a wonderful home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely meeting you, Lisa. Enjoyed reading your blog. Your garden is lovely. I can't wait to see what you do in Asheville!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.