Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Carolina jessamine

Carolina jessamine
Carolina jessamine (Gelsemium sempervirens) is a great native vine in the southeastern U.S.   But what I hadn't realized is how well it responds to pruning, with denser flowering shoots (so more prolific flowering).  A recent stay at a B&B in Chattanooga found me admiring Carolina Jessamine (pruned) in all sort of guises.  This was just one of them.

Definitely something to practice on the Carolina jessamine on our porch railing.

2 comments:

  1. First I want to say that I fell in love with Jasmine when I lived in Clemson. My favorite is the confederate, or white star, jasmine, but who doesn't love the Carolina Jasmine at Pot Belly Deli!

    The second thing I have to say is that I recognized the jasmine from your stay in Chattanooga. The Art District is one of my favorite parts of town, and I was at that coffee shop just last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily Rose, weren't the Carolina jessamines impressive! I like jasmine, too. We had some around our front door in the house I grew up in -- wonderful fragrance in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I enjoy hearing from fellow nature observers, as well as whomever else drops by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails