Garden seasons and fall greens

I'm grateful for the renewal that each (gardening) season brings.

Fussing about drought-stressed shrubs and weedy borders isn't why I garden.  I don't want to be a gardener that looks out and sees the imperfections; it's about embracing what's growing.

It's the parsley that flourishing now as cooler air is blowing in, as well as the mustards and arugula that are growing rapidly. Even though the beans, tomatoes, and peppers are in decline, the promise of hardy transplants (collards, broccoli, and brussel sprouts), fall peas, lettuce, and salad mixes is encouraging.  Nice.

And it's fall plant sale time for the next few weeks.  Woo-hoo!  Who knows what cool natives might be available to be part of our front meadow or rain garden?

Comments

  1. Last I looked the SCBG plant sale was just one weekend. Have company that weekend....not gardeners. Will try to get up for the native plant sale in G-ville.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.