Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sowing fall vegetables

I've been busy amending beds and sowing lettuce, arugula, kale, collards, and sugar snap peas.  It's still beastly hot (especially in the Piedmont), so all I can do is water and hope for cooler weather to come.

Hindered by some hand surgery last Thursday for a trigger finger on my dominant hand, I plugged along, with the help of my gardening companion. (The idea is that releasing the tendon will help the finger movement and reduce pain;  the short-term is that the finger is more painful than ever. Oh, well -- movement and stretching is supposed to be beneficial, according to the doctor, and I 'can't do any harm' - he said. Hmm.)

Woody, the river dog...
On a cooling note, Woody, on a recent swim, is the picture of a fellow happy to be in the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. I enjoy hearing from fellow nature observers, as well as whomever else drops by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails